July 4, 2018

My 9th Wizardversary!

Hello Wizards!

I want to first say Happy 4th of July to everyone! I hope all of you are planning on having a great day with your family and/or friends. I will be hanging out with family today for a BBQ and swimming, and later, I'll be watching my town's firework show! Today is always an eventful day. Speaking of eventful, for me, today marks 9 years of playing Wizard101!



On July 4th, 2009, I was watching Cartoon Network. I was planning to go to the park with my family, but it was raining most of the day. I didn't think we would be able to go since it kept raining. At the time I was looking for a new video game to play. An advertisement for Wizard101 started playing on my television! I knew that was going to be the game that I would play. I typed in the website as soon as I heard about it and created my first character, which was of the ice school. I named him Edward Wintergem! 


I remember when I first started playing Wizard101. I would go to the commons and beg for membership/crowns. We didn't have a crown shop (mounts, packs, etc.) at the time, but I would want the crowns to buy new areas. I was addicted to the game! I remember waking up at 5:00 am before the school-day would start to play the game. These were amazing times and since then I've had a lot of great experiences with Wizard101's community. 



I created my life character, Edward Lifegem, around early 2010. Shortly after I decided to create a website as well, that is now known as Around The Spiral with Edward Lifegem. This website has been used to keep memories in one place. It's always nice to check out old memories by looking at my old blog posts. It's a lot of fun to see how I've progressed as a person since joining the game. I thank Kingsisle for creating such a great game. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have ever experienced such an amazing community. It has been an amazing past 9 years with a lot of experiences. Here's to many more years of Wizard101 and the community! I know that I'll continue to be here as long as Wizard101 lasts - which will be quite a few years!




No comments: