October 16, 2015

Will Pirate101 End?

Ahoy Pirates!

Yesterday Kingsisle had an amazing episode of Kingsisle Live with at least 20 minutes of Pirate101 related things (they gave away Ninja Pig Codes which are rare). Now the talk around the community has been that Pirate101 will be ending soon.. I think that's actually a silly thought. I don't have proof that it won't end, but in my opinion it won't end anytime soon. If it does, I'm going to be sad because I really want to make it to at least 1,000 (really 10,000) Pirate101 posts. Pirate101 is an amazing game and I wanted to make this post, not as a fansite owner, but as a blogger that's been in the community for nearly six years. I'm going to list a few different reasons why I believe Pirate101 will not end anytime soon..


  • Updates: There have been updates to the game. Autumn made an amazing post on her website, Secrets of the Spiral, about the recent updates on the game. The companions were recently updated and PvP.. why would they spend so much time releasing PvP if they were going to stop releasing worlds. There will be new attacks, companions and level caps added to the game so PvP is still relevant on the game. They have been promoting PvP a lot lately, which is awesome! If they didn't promote anything, that would be the time I'd start worrying.
  • Jobs at Kingsisle: I've noticed that everytime our community managers introduce themselves or introduce a guest on the show they always say they are community managers for Wizard101 and Pirate101 or that they work on Wizard101 AND Pirate101. I believe if Pirate101 was ending there is no way they would be working on a game that's going down. Apparently they're doing something behind closed doors (and code) that we don't see. I believe that we don't have to see something to believe it is happening or exists. I believe they're working on Pirate101, but might be waiting for awhile.
  • Kingsisle Live: The workers at Kingsisle still care about the game and their players. They pay attention to each game every Kingsisle Live even if it's not enough time for one or another. Lately there has been less focus on Pirate101 but that doesn't mean anything. Wizard101 has had a lot happen recently, but at one time Pirate101 had a lot more news than Wizard101. It happens. I love that Kingsisle Live still talks about Pirate101 even though there's a lot happening on Wizard101, such as the new world Polaris. 
  • Pirate101 Fansites: Recently Autumn Dreamwalker and I have returned  and were accepted again as official Pirate101 fansite owners. Wait.. why are we even here if Pirate101 is going to end? We've also had contests. Why are we giving away codes from Kingsisle for a game that's going to end? Nothing I've mentioned is proof that the game isn't going to end, only hope that it isn't going to end. I don't believe it's going to end anytime soon. I'm sure a lot of people are saying that I'm just supporting them because I'm a fansite owner. You're wrong. I've been a blogger for five years (two years without being official); I've always supported Kingsisle games since I started. Many of you might not have been here in the community in 2009 or 2010 but I've always been a supporter of Kingsisle even before my first blog post on here (1,200 blog posts ago). 
  • Combination of W101 & P101: There has been a combination of Pirate101 and Wizard101 lately. A few things from Wizard101 being added on Pirate101 or things from Pirate101 being added on Wizard101. I think the B.O.X.E.S event on Wizard101 is another perfect example that Kingsisle is not giving up on Pirate101. They actually have a quest that talks about Pirate101's enemies, the Armada? That's pretty amazing! I love that quest and I believe that even though Kingsisle might be combining things, they might want players to play both games. Afterall, on Kingsisle's career page they always talk about all of their games.

All of the things I've stated above are my opinions. I don't know what Kingsisle is doing, nobody does unless they actually work at Kingsisle. I'm not trying to be mean to anybody on this post. I'm making this post to give hope to anybody that might be thinking the game is going to end. Autumn also made a post that I've mentioned that does that (click HERE for more optimistic thoughts). Like I mentioned above, we're not supporting Kingsisle because we're fansites. Kingsisle could remove my site from the list and I'd still support them because they're an amazing game team. I'm sure a lot of people will still be mad at me and not read one word on this post for publishing this post. Keep in mind that I don't mind criticism. I know everyone has to get their feelings out about Pirate101, but keep in mind if you don't think it'll last, there is always Wizard101. If you don't support Kingsisle at all, I have no idea why you clicked on link of a blog that has over a thousand posts about Kingsisle games. :P I really rambled this entire post but I wanted to get the point out that I still have hope that Pirate101 will last. If it doesn't (that seems to silly to me) but if it doesn't, that doesn't mean I'll give up on Kingsisle. I'll be sad that one of my favorite games would end. I'm not mad at Kingsisle for not releasing a world and I wouldn't be mad if they had to end Pirate101. I've said this many times, I'm a supporter of Kingsisle and Pirate101 and will never give up supporting them! Will Pirate101 End? I hope not. If it does end, I'm still going to enjoy the game while it lasts. If it doesn't, I won't make a post telling you I told you so (this might be the post :P). I really just want everyone to know that even though it seems that Pirate101 is going through a slower moment than usual concerning world updates, that doesn't mean it's the end of the game/world. I've listed a few reasons why I believe Pirate101 won't end and I hope everyone takes time to read through this long post. If you made it to the end of this post, WOW. Thank you for reading. This post really describes all of the thoughts running through my head this morning. Some of it might be random or hard to read, but to end the post. I want everyone to know that this is how much I care about the game. I know, even if I care it doesn't mean the game won't end, but that's your opinion just like this post is my opinion about the game. I think it would have been easier to make a video but we would have a new world by then. :P Okay, I'm going to end the post now. Thank you all for reading this random morning post.

~ Edward Lifegem



No comments: