April 8, 2014

Pirate101 Test Realm: Advanced Pets

Ahoy Pirates!

I'm sure you've heard by now that the Pirate101 Test Realm has been released with all kinds of awesome updates! I knew that I would have to wait for the test relam to see if all of the Pirate101 updates would be as awesome as Kingsisle said they would be and they are. :D I've been on the game lately testing out all of the new updates and you wouldn't believe how much fun I've been having! I've test out a little bit of everything but for this post I'm going to tell you what I think about the new advanced pets.



















The first thing you have to do to figure out how to level your pet and everything is to talk to Mickey Dugan right by Avery's Office in Avery's Court. There's a long quest that will help you figure out everything you need to know about pet leveling & pet pvp. You will need this quest to sail to Bestia from Avery's Court. I recommend you complete this quest so you know how to level your pets and if you're up for a challenge, pet pvp. I won't give anymore hints on how you're supposed to do this since you can find out how to on the Test Realm or on the Live Realm once it's released. I think this update is my favorite update I've test out and can't believe how much awesome there is in this update.



















I really can't believe how much fun I've had leveling pets. I know a lot of you know that leveling pets on Wizard101 does take a lot and sometimes you can't get what talents you want. Pirate101's Advanced Pets are different, in a good way. :D I like everything about the advanced pets and can't find anything so far that I don't like about it. I think everyone should test this out and then tell everyone if you like it or not, I bet you'll like it because it's not a requirement to level your pets because of a worry you're pirate won't make it through the next world. Pirate101's advanced pets are far different than Wizard101's advanced pets.



















Leveling pets on Pirate101 are a lot faster and easier to level because you can choose the level and difficulty to level your pet. There are different worlds you can level your pet in *along with different levels* you'll earn more experience, health, strength, agility by each level and the higher world you level your pet in. You don't have to sail to that world to level your pet. You can level your pet anywhere you want to level it. If you decide to level your pet, there is a wait time with the type of strategy you level your pet with. You don't have to wait if you don't want to! You can spend a few crowns to speed past the wait time (doesn't cost much at all). I think it's awesome to level your pet by the level, and it doesn't take as long as you would think it would. You can actually buy and earn snacks (will blog about that on another post) and the snacks do not cost much gold. I'm sure by now you've read awesome about 100 times... no... 101 times now! Oh... did you know that your pets increase in size once you level them to a high enough level?! :D If you don't want the pet size to increase, don't level your pet and it'll stay the same size it was before the update. :)



















One last thing I would like to talk about is the pet morphing. I can't believe how awesome this is. There is a pet morphing tent in Bestia where you can morph/hatch pets for the price of gold. You have to morph your pet with another different pet for a chance to get a new morphed pet. You can hatch your two pets or you could hatch with another pirate's pet to get your awesome pet. I know this is an awesome feature to have to get the coolest looking pets in the spiral! I am glad Kingsisle added this feature to the game, I'm sure you'll be noticing a lot more pirates in the live realm showing off their pets once the test realm has been released to the live game. Make sure to report those bugs on the test realm so we don't have any on the live realm. :) I know it'll be hard to remember that since Kingsisle released so many epic features. That's all I have for today, well... I do have a code below so the first one to redeem gets the code. This one has to do with a pet since this is a pet related post. :D

R65LD5L2Y538Y5MLQ594

4 comments:

Unknown said...

liked the post but sad i didn't get the code fast enough

Unknown said...

i think by doing this they are complicating p101 like w101 too. to be honest i liked the way how pets levelled up according to your pirates' level. introducing pet games will just make it more complicated.

Edward Lifegem said...

I don't think it'll be as complicating like Wizard101. Pets on Wizard101 are like an extra gear. We haven't had a nice set of gear on the game (other than crowns gear) since Waterworks. I still wear that same gear and my fire wizard is level 94. The pets help your wizard and if you don't level your pet you have less talents and I think it makes it a little bit more difficult without the pets by your side. On Pirate101, you have a choice to level your pets or not to since you have companions. I really didn't use my pets much before because I didn't like them unless they were cute. :D Now I plan on using my pets but I think they added the pets for another fun activity for pirates to do and they seem like they'll help us more but so far, they won't be a necessity like wizards. I love Wizard101 but I do think they need to do a lot for our wizards so we don't have to level our pets for extra help. I'd rather farm for gear. Anyways, sorry for another post in the comments section! :P I do understand where you're coming from and that's why I published your comment :) Remember, if you have an idea, submit it to KI on the test realm :) Thanks for reading!

Chrissy The Blesser said...

Great post and very thorough. I think my favorite part of pet training is, when your pet in actively training he is still available to fight with you in the game. Training does not deprive you of your favorite pet. That was great planning on KI's part. :D