May 10, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday edwardlifegem.com!

Hi there!

It's a special day! It's Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem's 6th Birthday! I created this website six years ago on May 10th, 2010. I still can't believe it's been that long ago. I still feel like I just joined the community and started making posts about Wizard101 (and two years later about Pirate101).



Many of you know that I created my website with Mary Dreamshade, from The Pie Loving Necromancer. A few wizards that been in the community for awhile might know who I'm talking about. Mary's website is not longer active, but I'll never forget when we created our websites together! The Friendly Necromancer (now our W101 & P101 community manager with Leala) was the reason I was inspired to create a website with memories. Tom was only blogging for about two years when I found his website, but I loved reading his posts. Speaking of Tom and Leala, I want to thank them for giving me a chance as a Pirate101 Fansite owner. I'm not bragging at all, but I'll always be thankful even if I wasn't anymore. My goal has been and always will be to bring this community together and I will continue doing that. Anyways, a year after I found Tom's website, I was actually truly introduced to the community about a year later during a few parties: Ravenwood Radio aftershow afterparties, Fallon Moongem's Birthday party, and of course the 1st Annual Diary of a Wizard Ravenwood Ball. I wish I knew how to take screenshots at the times so I could share it with you, but I had no idea. I love sharing the memories on this website so I can remember and you can see what it was like in the olden days (otherwise known as 2009 and 2010 LOL).


I always do a little history lesson about this website on my website's Birthday. So I'll answer a question that one of you might have asked yourself. Why is my website named Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem? "Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem" is a name that I later thought of after questing a lot on my life wizard when I first created him just over five years ago. Before Edward Lifegem, my blog was named Wizard101 and The Life of an Ice Wizard. I'm glad I decided to change the names, but everyone starts off somewhere right? :) I still feel new and I'm learning something every day on this website. I can always go back and read through the best times, or rough times. This blog has a lot of memories, well over one thousand memories. These memories are very special to me and I'm glad I can share them with all of you. I'm very thankful for each and every one of you and I want to thank you all for all of your support over the last six years, last month, day or even if you just found my website today. I'm not quitting anytime soon, I just wasn't able to make a special post last year. Here's to another special year! Thank you all for dealing with my sometimes weird posts. Now... it looks like it's time to make another hit 1 million views, make many new friends at events this next year, and of course continue making new memories on this website. This website is not just mine, it's also yours! :) Thank you again. HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY!!!

A special shoutout to Patrick Waterslinger for making this header for me! :)



4 comments:

Aaron said...

Congrats on being 6 years old. Hope to be here when you turn 12 years old too, so we can all Celebrate together :D

Unknown said...

Congratulations Edward Happy 6th birthday amazing accomplishments. I look forward to visiting your website for many years to come. Thank You

teddyjzlt said...

Happy 6th birthday. I(Lenora) only met you 5 months ago. When i was invited to a wizard101 community gathering on Twitter. I learn so much from all the bloggers. Am still learning. I just now started doing pirates101 only lvl 7 but I am learning so much. Thanks so much for all you and other bloggers do for the wizard101 and pirates101 community. So greatly appreciate it. Looking forward for more blogs and post. Take care my friend.

Cheyenne Caster said...

Congrats Edward! You're blog is such an inspiration to me! I appreciate everything you do. Can't wait to see what the future holds! :)