May 18, 2016

Castle Darkmoor - Lower Level: Likes/Dislikes

Hello Wizards!

I hope you're having a great week! I've been behind on blog posts lately because I've been looking for the Pirate101 Test Realm. I know that has nothing to do with Wizard101, but I'm telling you now so you know why I haven't made any Wizard101 blog posts in nearly a week. Last week I had a chance to quest through the first dungeon of Darkmoor for the very first time. Yeah I know I'm behind on a lot but I'm glad I'm finally catching up!




I quested through the first dungeon with Ronan Dragondust (his life wizard). He was very nice and asked if I needed help questing through a few Darkmoor dungeon instances.  I have a lot of comments about this first dungeon, especially about the second boss. I'm not going to name every boss in this dungeon, mostly because I don't want this post to be a guide. I want it to be more like a Darkmoor likes/dislikes blog post.




Likes:

- The very first boss, Howling Chaney, was pretty easy to defeat if you have a plan. I actually defeated the first boss for the first time a few months ago. You always have to have a plan when going into a boss battle and if you have that plan, this first fight will be pretty easy for you.

- This first dungeon was a fun dungeon for loot. I actually won level 100 balance boots from the first boss. I mean who doesn't like winning loot after a long battle? 

- After the dungeon, there's an area where you can teleport back for the second dungeon. I really thought you had to quest through the entire dungeon to complete it. Could you imagine doing that with all of the cheats?!

- I LOVE that there's a Skeleton Key Treasure chest! I was lucky to access this thanks to Ronan.

- The observatory puzzle was really the easiest part of this dungeon, thanks to Duelist101! :P




Dislikes:

- I don't like how there are many cheats, especially with this second boss, Sir Blackwater. As someone who went through the Malistaire dungeon back when the level cap was 50, I never thought the Malistaire dungeon was so tough that younger players couldn't get through. After seeing this dungeon, I can tell that the cheats from this second boss would be hard to remember. We could barely remember the cheats that there were so many. Thankfully we were able to find guides on Central and Duelist101, otherwise, there was no way I would have made it through this dungeon alone the first time around. I've always been somebody who likes to solo Wizard101 every now and then. There's no way I could solo this dungeon without the already best gear. I really have a lot of comments about this dungeon, but most of you already know about it which is why I'm not going to mention any names or anything. I hope Kingsisle fixes this main dislike that I have about the very first dungeon. PLEASE change this. Players should be able to have fun in a dungeon. I know it shouldn't be easy, but fighting a certain cheating boss for an hour or two, fleeing and recalling, is not fun at all. This is really the main issue I had with this first dungeon. 

Check back for more like/dislike Darkmoor posts!



No comments: