August 9, 2018

Cat Run 2018: Recap

Hello Wizards!

Did you know that yesterday was International Cat Day? Well, Autumn & I decided to have an event in-game just for Cat Day. As many of you already know, we have Run Events. We decided to invite everyone in the community & have a Cat Run around the commons!

I announced this event around mid-afternoon! A few amazing people showed up and we talked a bit about the event. Eventually, the crowd grew from a few to dozens! It was awesome to see everyone again. I'll be honest, I missed a lot of you after the Holiday Mashup. It's always nice talking to everyone in-game or during our streams. But I'll admit I need to pay closer attention to chat once we start streaming. I'm such a blogger/typist! Anyway, let's recap what we did at this last-minute event.

The Cat Run - Around The Commons


We got all of our cat mounts, ears, and pets and lined up on the Rainbow Bridge. When we first started hosting events, we would only run around the commons. So I thought, why not run around the commons like we first did when we started the events? It was a lot of fun to see all of the cats running around in the circle around the pond! The game was laggy with all of the mounts, but the run itself was still a lot of fun. Plus it felt nostalgic to come back to our roots! 

Raid Wizard City - Meow, Meow, Meow!


Yes, we met in the middle of the pond after the run around it. Cats don't like water, but maybe our cats in Wizard101 do? Yeah, I don't think they do. Just look at the one at the top of the photo above. He's jumping over the other cats to get out. :P Anyway, we met in the middle of the pond to decide the areas we would raid. We raided The Commons (the scarecrow realm aka the roleplay realm), the pet pavilion, kraken, and the arena! It was a lot of fun. We mostly got positive feedback from our meow raid. Instead of Christmas Caroling, like we did at the Holiday Mashup, we just went up to random wizards and meowed. I mean, how random is that?! :P 

The Afterparty / Twitch Stream


After our wizard city raid, Autumn used one of her wizards to teleport everyone to her Darkmoor Manor. I didn't get to take a picture of it, but I drank a few potions... It actually turned my poor life wizard into a Gobbler (well after I bought a gobbler transformation from the crowns shop for 500 gold)! The afterparty was fun but I had to leave because I was hungry. If you haven't watched our streams before, you should know that once we are near the 2-hour mark of streaming, I suddenly get hungry. Yeah, you may hear that a few times in the stream if we stream around two hours. So speaking of around two hours... we did stream this event yesterday! If you'd like to watch part of our stream, you can view the video below. Thank you so much for showing up to this event. We love this community and we'll always have events like this for all of you. I can't wait to see you at the next event. Until then, I'll see you around the spiral. 


Watch Wizard101 Cat Run - The Commons, Falmea Realm from EdwardLifegem on www.twitch.tv

No comments: